The Olive leaf Extract is a powerful astringent herb that has various health benefits. It contains antioxidants like Oleuropein which have numerous good effects on the body. The Olive Leaf Extract is used in rubefacient preparations for the muscles and in various cosmetic products.
It comes as no surprise that olive leaf (Olea europaea) extract has such healthy properties. The substance that provides the benefits to our well-being is oleuropein a bitter, monoterpene glycoside which has been found to have antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. It is the main constituent of olive leaf extract and has an effect on meningitis, flu, pneumonia, vaginitis and a number of other viral infections which have become resistant to traditional antibiotics. It has yet to be determined how long they will remain resistant to the naturally occurring oleuropein, but at the moment it is proving to be valuable in the treatment of these ailments.
The Mediterranean Healthy Diet
The Mediterranean diet is well-known for being one of the healthiest in the world, with people from Greece and Italy, or at least those living in rural areas, renowned for their longevity. The secret is olive oil and the fresh produce they eat every day.
If you have ever picked an olive off a tree and tried to eat it you will have been disappointed, as it would have been unpalatable and astringent. However the processed olives make the most wonderful oil, and olives that have been preserved taste very different from the ones on the tree. The same goes for olive leafs which are usually not eaten fresh but have to be processed in ordered to create the olive leaf extract which has many health benefits.
Health Benefits of Olive Leaf Extract
1. Anti-inflammatory Properties: It can prevent excess acidity in the stomach and cure gastritis. It also relieves stomach pain.
2. Anti-microbial Properties: It fights pathogens, bacteria and various kinds of viruses. It is effective against pneumonia, flu, dysentery, respiratory and sinus infections. It also curbs infections of the eye, ear, tooth and other vaginal infections. It also reduces symptoms of PMS.
3. Eliminates Free Radicals: Free radicals cause considerable harm to the body. Olive Leaf extract neutralizes free radicals and increases production of healthy cells. This prevents ageing and also cancer to some extent.
4. Prevents Chronic Fatigue: It reduces chronic fatigue in the body and revitalizes the body system so that you feel more energetic. The Olive Leaf extract is also a stress buster and improves your mental health as well.
5. Improves Immunity: The overall strength of the immunity is increased. The body becomes more able to fight germs and bacteria once you regularly consume olive leaf extract.
6. Reducing Obesity: Those who are obese and are desperate to get back into shape then try Olive leaf extract.
7. Skin Treatment: Olive leaf extract is also very good for the skin. It can eliminate acne problems and also prevents wrinkle formation. It keeps the skin young and supple.